Use of Embold username and password for Remote Login will be deprecated effective Release 1.9.0.x
Embold will be deprecating the basic authentication using username and passwords to log in remotely to Embold server and plugins (Teamcity, Jenkins, Eclipse, Visual Studio). We encourage you to use Embold Access Token instead.
When will the deprecation take effect?
Deprecation is planned with Release 1.9.0.x in March 2021.
Why is Embold deprecating this feature?
Using Embold access tokens (EAT) is a more secure way of authentication.
What will happen to my existing configurations with this change?
Your already scanned repositories will not be affected. During your next remote scan, you will be asked for Embold Access Token instead of username and password.
How to authenticate using Embold Access Token?
- Login to Embold UI using your Embold username and password.
- On the left navigation bar, click Admin > Access Tokens.
- Click Generate New Token. The New Embold Access Token page is displayed.
- Provide a name to your token for identification.
- Select the permissions that are to be given to the token.
- Click Generate Token.
Note: Copy the token generated immediately. Due to security reasons, you will not be able to see it again.